Who May Apply
Only Municipal Shelters and Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Charitable Animal Rescue Organizations (a “Charitable Organization”) may participate.
Charitable Organizations – please have the following documents on hand to complete your application:
- IRS tax-exempt determination letter
- Proof of insurance (your Declarations page of your insurance policy)*
*If you are unable to provide proof of insurance, you will need purchase event coverage from MFV at a rate of $200 in the registration form.
Are you an animal-related non-profit organization that is neither a rescue or shelter? Please apply as a Vendor.
Main Event – you want to bring adoptable animals to the Main Event at the Sharonville Convention Center!
Satellite Event – whether or not you are bringing animals to the Main Event, if you have a shelter that is open the same weekend or you will be holding adoption events at other locations, register those locations as a MFV Satellite Event and benefit from MFV advertising and marketing to showcase your adoptable animals on our website!
Main Event Booth Registrations
The focus of My Furry Valentine is adoption of homeless animals, so only adoptable animals are permitted at the event. Priority in application approval will be given to groups conducting same-day adoptions, prior year participants who complied with MFV rules and requests (including promptly reporting accurate adoption numbers and promoting the MFV event), those registering to attend both days, and those bringing more than 5 animals. Rescue groups who want to attend but do not want to bring adoptable animals may register as a Vendor and purchase a booth in the Vendor Ballroom at a discounted price.
The following application types are available:
- 5 or Fewer Adoptable Animals. You may purchase a 10’ x 10’ booth for $150.
- 6 – 19 Adoptable Animals. You will be given a complimentary 10’ x 10’ booth.
- 20 or more Adoptable Animals. If you conduct same-day adoptions AND bring 20 or more adoptable animals on a single day, you will be given a complimentary 10’ x 20’ booth.
Health and Vaccine Requirements
To protect the people and animals attending as much as possible, you must adhere to the following requirements for all animals attending the Main Event. Health records must be provided for the animals attending the Main Event during check-in, before entrance to the event will be permitted.
- All animals must be free from infectious disease and from any condition that poses a risk to the people or other animals at the event (i.e. dog aggressive dogs). If you knowingly bring sick animals to the event and thereby risk infecting other adoptable animals, you will be asked to leave and will not be invited back in future years.
- All animals must be spayed or neutered at the time of adoption.
- Dogs over 6 months of age must have current Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella vaccines given prior to February 3, 2017 and a current Rabies vaccine.
- Cats over 6 months of age must have current FVRCP vaccines given prior to February 3, 2017 and a current Rabies vaccine.
- Puppies 6 months or younger must have Two Distemper/Parvo vaccines, the 2nd booster given by February 3, 2017 and within 2-4 weeks of the 1st vaccine. A third booster is highly recommended, but not required.
- Kittens 6 months or younger must have Two FVRCP vaccines, the 2nd booster given by February 3, 2017 and within 2-4 weeks of the 1st vaccine. A third booster is highly recommended, but not required.
A mandatory Orientation Meeting for all participants attending the Main Event will be held on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at UCAN, 2830 Colerain Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45225.
The deadline for applications is 12/31/2016. You will be notified of the acceptance or rejection of your application by 1/15/2017. Click on the link below to register!
Main Event Application – Please click here to apply for space at the Main Event at the Convention Center
Satellite Event Application – Please click here to register a shelter or an off-site event as a Satellite Location
For the Main Event and/or as a Satellite Event
The Main Event is a great opportunity to get homes for your adoptable animals because thousands of potential adopters come to see hundreds of different animals in one place. Just look at these numbers:
||Number of Attendees||Number of Adoptions